Joining As Members
Birchfield Harriers welcomes members across all ages and all disciplines. Our training nights are on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Birmingham Alexander Stadium. We also run an Academy for young athletes as an introduction to the sport of athletics on Saturday morning f or 9-12 year olds and Wednesday evening for those aged 13-16 All the information on membership fees and the different sections of the Club can be found in this section.
Benefits of membership include:
- Exclusive use of the track & field at Alexander Stadium on club nights
- plus the external throwing area
- plus the Clubroom
- Use of the free-weights room
- Access to three physiotherapy rooms
- Access to the Indoor High Performance Centre (great option for bad weather)
- Advice and training from some of the UK’s top coaches
- Training groups from beginners to internationals
- The right to wear the club vest and call yourself a Birchfield Harrier
- Membership fees are paid annually and are due on 1 April.
- The membership year runs from 1st April to 31st March.
- Club nights are TUESDAY and THURSDAY evenings from 5.00pm until 9.30pm.
- Athletes will normally meet at the time specified by their coach.
- Refreshments are available in the Clubroom where there is a bar and café providing hot and cold meals and beverages.
- The Birmingham Indoor High Performance Centre is based at the Stadium and the club has generous usage on club nights.
What do you do next?
Fax: 0121 331 1533
Junior members usually attend our Saturday morning ‘Academy’ programme and are then invited to join a training group on Club nights.. Senior novice athletes should call so arrangements can be made for you to meet one of our team. A suitable appointment will be made for you to visit the club to discuss the next step with one of our highly qualified coaches.